• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SubTankLo Error at and of ink?

MAXX

hi there,
since my dealer has changed the pump on my 1604 i get no warning about end of ink?
normaly i've had heard a warning-signal, but i was able to print nearly 10m² till the printer stops and i have to change the cardridge until the 1604 continue printing.

now i dont hear any warnings, the machine prints until the cardridges ar compleatly empty and subtanks going low. this results in "SubTankLo Error"-message. :(

i have to change the cardridge and to refill the subtanks by hand through "small charge"

i had to do this procedere on any colour, (in its fourth time, because all four cardridges are new now!) when the cardridges were empty.
this is annoying, because if you have it during printing, the machine stops and the print is gone! :banghead:

anybody a solution to this issue? or is it possible, that this issue is done, because all four cardridges are changed after repairing the pump?

i have done valve-exercise every time, when i change the cardriges and fill the subtanks with "little charge"

thx for help and sorry for my bad english, i m from germany

randya

Pump and empty cart sensors should not be related.

Empty cart sensors sense a tab and is supposed to stick out from the cartridge itself.
This is typically bad cartridges, but very unusually to find all 4 doing the same at the same time.

If this happened because of the tech visit, I would get them back in there to fix it.

MAXX

thx for answer! :)
probably it has to do with the cardridges. i use only origin 440 carts, but the last set was the origin mutoh 220ml.
i've got the small one for free, because of my problems with the pump. (chipset said "empty" but it was full, because of the cleaning-job was made, but without a working pump, it dont clean!)

maybe this set had bad chipsets but this would be weird, huh?
it was origin packed and came in blister-packs.

i thought, it is a problem with the setup, or you can adjust the warning-signal?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Maxx, take a look at one of your empty cartridges. Hold it vertically, looking for a "tab" that extends beyond the edge of the cartridge. Once you find the "tab", rotate the cartridge 180 degrees and observe what happens to the "tab". When the "tab" extends out beyond the cartridge, it is signalling it is EMPTY and should be replaced. The extended "tab" touches a mechanism inside the printer, telling the printer this specific cartridge is empty and needs to be replaced. The signal from the printer should be a "beep". No "beep" means the printer warning system is not working properly. That is, IF the cartrdige "tab" is functioning properly.

henryp

If the smart chips and the chip readers are OK, you should get a low ink warrning error long before the cartridge's ink out tab sticks out to trigger the end of ink sensor.

MAXX

hi,
my problem is allready there :(
i had buyed new original 440 carts, but today it starts again with the low subtank error and the print was gone! (everytime on a lagre print at the end! :banghead: )

i have to refill the subtanks by hand, to get this message away.

i dont think, that the problem is at the carts, i think something is wrong with the sensors or probably you can ajust it in service mode?...? i have no idea! :help

would be fine to have help here!

MAXX

MAXX

>>BUMP<<

nobody have the same error like me??
i still search a solution for this issue...

henryp

hi,
my problem is allready there :(
i had buyed new original 440 carts, but today it starts again with the low subtank error and the print was gone! (everytime on a lagre print at the end! :banghead: )

i have to refill the subtanks by hand, to get this message away.

i dont think, that the problem is at the carts, i think something is wrong with the sensors or probably you can ajust it in service mode?...? i have no idea! :help

would be fine to have help here!

MAXX

How do you refill the subtanks by hand?

MAXX

i have to change the cardridge and to refill the subtanks by hand through "small charge"

last time, perhaps i had'nt enough ink in one cart, so i had problems with small charge. display said "small chrage" but nothing happens in 30minutes. i pluged out the machine and restarted it, because i could'nt interrupt the charging.
after i changed the cart and pushed "noozle check" the refill of subtanks starting automatically.

could it be, the issue occours,because the alignment of the machine is the problem, or the carts are not exact horizontally inserted?

can't see that happening, but it is worth a question

MAXX

hey
its me again.
i still have the same issue! :banghead: and nobody have this problem like me?
the machine works fine but the issue is still there and it bothers me, that everytime at near end of ink the prints going down the drain, because of missing low ink warning!

IMHO it is extremely unlikely, that the problem is the chip or reader, because i have that problem at all four cartridges!

is there a possibility, to adjust the ink level-warning during the admin-menue?
if yes, where exactly?

randya

As mentioned, there are flag sensors to detect the tab that sticks out of the cartridge when the cartridge is empty.

Check to see that the flag does pop out when the cartidge is empty.
If not, then it is a problem with the cartridges.

If the flag does pop out, there could be issues with the sensor, or improper/corrupt firmware not reading the sensors correctly.

If the subtanks are not filling, it could be stuck/bad valves.
The valves are between the cartridge and the subtank.

There is a sensor for low level in subtank and a sensor for high level in subtank.
These are not adustable in the menu, but are physical sensors.

It would be unusual for all 8 sensors to fail at once (4 low/ 4 high)
I would more suspect improper or corrupt firmware to misread all sensors.

MAXX

hey randy,
first, thx for your answer.
the carts are ok, i think, it would be unusal to have on all carts a problem with the flags.

can i flash the firmware by myself? where i can get a new firmware, my version is 1.09

it is very strange, because since the technican has changed the pump, i have this issue.
but i dont want, to call him again, he is not very firm with mutoh-machines.

could it be, the the problem is a missing cable on the sensor(s)?
where i have to look for? i removed the backcover allready, but if you dont know, where to check something, it is like a pig gapes inside a pocket-watch (german term for blank-faced guys :D )