• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sucking air, Leeking dx4 manifold ??

Biggermens

Hello Everyone

Just curious to see if any one have tried some of the DX4 manifold from china ??
I got a few and it seams like they are sucking air from somewhere, i put new cap tops and new dampers, everything was working fine until i broke the cyan manifold then broke the black one too, i have a few new ones from awesome china and both seams like they are sucking air,
Did anyone have any luck with this s#$t ? maybe i am doing something wrong, they seam pretty cheep hehe

Thanks

Jim Hill

I have not tried using any manifolds from China. I do use dampers and that is about the only thing I have had decent luck using.
I tried using their cap tops but that created more problems then it fixed for me.

Now I only use Roland OEM cap tops. They cost more but they also seem to last longer then any cap tops I tired from China.

Jim

Biggermens

Yap it sucked big time, i blown a brand new head f$%^ing around that them crappy parts :(
i must have gotten ink in it

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
All manifolds sold separate from the head are aftermarket. Epson doesn't sell the separately to anyone. I have had good success with the ones we sell. It took many sources to find one that worked well.