• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Suction cup marks on material

MGB_LE

We have had an ongoing problem with fresh boards of Sintra, expanded PVC, PALIGHT, arriving with invsible suction cup marks that reveal themsevles when printed over. We can't see them before printing, but they ruin the print. We can flood print white underneath to hide them, at the expense of slower printing and higher ink cost.
Surely we're not alone in this. What feedback does the group have around this issue?

IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2503.JPG

MGB_LE

Here are examples of other deliveries of board with similar issues. These look like suction cups used to move the boards around or stack them on pallets.

Attachments

• suction_1.jpg
    suction_1.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 113
  • suction_2.jpg
    suction_2.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 102

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Went through this before I retired. We ordered 10+ pallets of sintra at a clip, and had so many problems with marks, scuffs, and other contamination issues. We went through countless suppliers, and finally found one that supplied us with stuff so good that we could just unseal a pallet and it could go straight to print. Don't remember where we finally got it from (I know one supplier was 3A composites, might be the one), but there's good stuff out there. Maybe start looking for at different suppliers and manufacturers, because you sure can't make money like that. When you contact them, let them know what problems you're dealing with.

MGB_LE

Went through this before I retired. We ordered 10+ pallets of sintra at a clip, and had so many problems with marks, scuffs, and other contamination issues. We went through countless suppliers, and finally found one that supplied us with stuff so good that we could just unseal a pallet and it could go straight to print. Don't remember where we finally got it from (I know one supplier was 3A composites, might be the one), but there's good stuff out there. Maybe start looking for at different suppliers and manufacturers, because you sure can't make money like that. When you contact them, let them know what problems you're dealing with.
That's really useful. I will look into them.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
3A - you pay a premium, but I don't think I've had a bad product from them in over a decade (and I've occasionally bought cheap, and paid the price).