Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden 560 Issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eahicks, Mar 19, 2020.

1. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Fired it up this morning, started printing a job. Looks perfect, solid colors the first 16" exactly, then starts to fade and get blotchy. I've done cleaning, changed 2 heads that were pretty high in usage, and still happens. Checked the file, even changed one color ( a gray that is most obvious in the fade). Any clues as to what's happening?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Its bad media. Search on youtube plasticizers problem hp latex. Its not your printer. Try to print to other roll or media and you won't have the same problem. Or wipe tye half width with isopropyl alcohol and print on it. The wiped surface will be fine.

3. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I thought about that for a minute....its a brand new roll of IJ180CV3. I thought surely not....especially since EACH time I start the job it screws up in the same place. Well I ran the job on another roll of media; came out perfect. Guess I'll try to return this roll. I've had the plasticizer issue on banner material before, never on vinyl, especially 3M.

4. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Ive encountered also on vinyl. It doesn't have to do with new or old. Maybe its old on distributor. Maybe bad storage on them.

5. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    For what ever reason I am seeing it a lot more than I used to. But a "brand new roll of IJ180CV3", that surprises me. Just hope I don't run out of isopropyl alcohol.

6. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    I've experienced something similar on our 560 when starting with a cold roll in the morning. Seems to go away a couple of feet into the print. We lower heat in shop at night so suspect that might be the issue until roll comes to room temp.

7. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Here
    My shop doesn't get any lower that 68F at night, but I am wondering doesn't the 560 have the whipper roller. Does it help or not?

8. Reveal1

Reveal1 Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Correct - the foam wiper roller can presumably be used to remove plasticizers, but I don't think its real effective so ours is collecting dust.