• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sudden, continual, unanswered Coroplast Quality Issues

Typestries

So we go through a lot of coro. I have always bought Coroplast brand. UV ink adheres better, it's cleaner, more consistent, and to this point, always square and full size. In the past 3 weeks we have gone through 3 pallets. All have been out of square and size by 1".

Without going in to the runaround coro is giving us, has anyone else experienced the same recently with 4mm 4 x 8 white?

SublimeGraphics

I noticed the same thing up here a couple months back. We are buying actual coroplast brand. When i talked to the supplier about it they told me we can buy SQUARE CUT 4mm & 10mm 4x8 sheets. They cost a couple bucks more per sheet, but I think it's worth it. They do not however sell any over size sheets squarecut ie 4x10 4x12 6x10

jer

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Spooky finding this post. The last Coroplast order was a mess. Different sizes, out of square. It looked like we got a bunch from the reject pile.

We don't print directly so we just got through it. First time we had that ever.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Interplast is the way to go... We fired coroplast years ago.

Coro is never square and pricing sucks....

+1

You have to request things to be 100% square these days. I've been told, that to get square.... in any substrate.... is almost impossible.

Did you know that even with the composite aluminum products, the closest tolerance is 1/4" ?? That's ridiculous.

Can you imagine building a submarine or tank and the thing blows up or sinks and they read the schematics and then find out industry tolerances are no longer to the nearest 1,000th but 1/4" ?? :banghead:

signmeup

Good Grief! How hard could it be to set up a machine to cut coro off square? About as easy as setting it to cut crooked would be my guess.

Not only is much of my coro not square, it bows about 1/8" in the middle on top and bottom. So it's 48" at the corners, but maybe 47.75" in the middle.

signage

We are only starting to see the beginning, with everyone getting a college education these thing are left behind. They only know how to read about thing being square, making them or knowing how to correct an issue are going by the wayside!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, I do believe it has more to do with where and how much our suppliers or distributors are paying for this crap. I mean, c'mon.... where do you really think all of this crummy stuff comes from ?? Ever see the labels or ask a direct question to your supplier ??

We all want dirt cheap prices. We want yesterday prices and quality. You get one lowballer that says he has cheaper chit and before you know it... he's busier than all get out. In order to compete with this guy, the rest of them have to go to his source. Guess what, they speak every language but English in these places. Everything is coming from overseas. It's like everything else, we are a nation that is starting to feel the effects of being a non-producing or manufacturing land.

I'm not going to turn this political, but that's the next reason.

Talk about Wal-Marts and the other places that only sell these foreign products.... well, they have us by the short hairs, now. The American made chit costs a whole lot more and none of you want to support them cause you're all trying to save 3¢ on banner media or 12¢ on ink. Get real and either use the crap you all have been whining for pay the price and stay American. :unclesam:

njshorts

Never had a problem before, but this prompted me to check... I've got 10 sheets of 10mil that I just received, they're square and 48.5"x97.75". Better over than under...

daveb

General Know-it-all
Honestly, I do believe it has more to do with where and how much our suppliers or distributors are paying for this crap. I mean, c'mon.... where do you really think all of this crummy stuff comes from ?? Ever see the labels or ask a direct question to your supplier ??

We all want dirt cheap prices. We want yesterday prices and quality. You get one lowballer that says he has cheaper chit and before you know it... he's busier than all get out. In order to compete with this guy, the rest of them have to go to his source. Guess what, they speak every language but English in these places. Everything is coming from overseas. It's like everything else, we are a nation that is starting to feel the effects of being a non-producing or manufacturing land.

I'm not going to turn this political, but that's the next reason.

Talk about Wal-Marts and the other places that only sell these foreign products.... well, they have us by the short hairs, now. The American made chit costs a whole lot more and none of you want to support them cause you're all trying to save 3¢ on banner media or 12¢ on ink. Get real and either use the crap you all have been whining for pay the price and stay American. :unclesam:

:U Rock:Geno, you're amazing. The reason everything's out of whack.... Chinese don't read inches too well, they use the metric system. Plus the little Chinese grandmas they've got doing all the slave labor don't see too good anymore.

Typestries

Seriously Gino, that's precisely why I buy the coro, it's supposed to be the pre-eminent non china crap. I'll send you one of these pallets and let's see you get 10 good 18x24's out of theses sheets! Absolute chit. Good news is that about 10" into the pallet we unloaded yesterday afternoon, suddenly the sheets are 48.25 x 96.75. I guess they are trying to incrementally make up for the last few pallets where they all sucked. And that just shows that the lot# sheets are total BS anyway, this was a banded, sealed, wrapped pallet.

Time to take Mike's advice for sure.

mark in tx

Nothing to do with the current problems, but back in '06 I got sheets of coro that had been through Katrina. Yes, they had dried mud in the flutes. Supplier admitted they had been salvaged from New Orleans, then tried to tell me that no one else seemed to have a problem because they were laying prints over the coro, and you didn't have to see through them. I still don't use that supplier.