• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suddenly lost Yellow ? Roland VS300i

autoexebat

Roland VS-300i
I was printing just fine yesterday and had all colors . Today I go to print and I have zero yellow , Did a few cleanings and ran a few test prints , not a single spec of yellow . Took the ink cartridge out , shook it up , put it back in , few more cleanings and still no go . Removed the drain bottle , used a syringe and pulled a bunch of ink , again ,few cleanings / test print and zero yellow .

DX7 print head so priming only yellow ? No idea how I can do it .

any ideas ?
Also did a 20 min head soak , and doing another head soak as I type .

Thanks

ProPDF

Roland VS-300i
I was printing just fine yesterday and had all colors . Today I go to print and I have zero yellow , Did a few cleanings and ran a few test prints , not a single spec of yellow . Took the ink cartridge out , shook it up , put it back in , few more cleanings and still no go . Removed the drain bottle , used a syringe and pulled a bunch of ink , again ,few cleanings / test print and zero yellow .

DX7 print head so priming only yellow ? No idea how I can do it .

any ideas ?
Also did a 20 min head soak , and doing another head soak as I type .

Thanks

If it was perfect one day and the next it was not then it is more than likely the damper and or a leak somewhere from the manifold to the ink cartridge. There is no way to isolate the yellow in cleaning because it's just one big head, that is part of the reason the DX7 sucks. The head only last as long as the first channel that goes bad, usually black but it all depends on your printing. Check for leaks, if you drop a new damper in charge it with ink or it will print a few feet and then fade or starve out in the uncharged channel.

marunr

I had the same issue with my old printer with that head. I agree, change the damper. I actually had to change it twice as the first one was bad, so I thought that wasn't the issue. It was.

autoexebat

Well good news ! I didn't even mess with the DAMPER. The damper is has 2 lines going to it so if it was that both inks would have an issue !!!!! So I ruled that out within 10 minutes of my issue .

I removed the YELLOW / CYAN line from the top of the DAMPER , plugged the CYAN .. this left me the Yellow line open only.

Tried suction with the yellow line and still nothing > Took a piece of copper welding wire ran it all the way up though the ink tube as far as I could > STILL nothing .

Took the other side of the printer apart , now I knew there was a blockage somewhere back there ... after diagnosing more I found a valve that I guess purges the ink ... It was stuck .

Took apart the valve and cleaned it good , primed the system from under the captop _ machine is PERFECT once again .

Called the local dealer just to get a good laugh , They wanted $1200.00 to come and fix it . I fixed it myself and didn't even need a new part .

Attachments

• 20191124_173046.jpg
    20191124_173046.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
  • 20191124_173038.jpg
    20191124_173038.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 327
  • 20191124_173042.jpg
    20191124_173042.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 332