Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for applying vinyl on textured plastic polycarbonate lockers?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by WorxMedia, Oct 26, 2018.

1. WorxMedia

WorxMedia New Member

May 2, 2017
    Humble
    Have a client wanting to apply their company logo on some plastic textured lockers that are outdoors. Has some kind of slick teflon coating on it. I did an adhesion test and applied some oracal 751 with some primer 94 and heat with no luck. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Calgary alberta
    you need to use a hi tac vinyl...or for use with low energy plastics...I wrap a lot of Remote control trucks (5th scale) with bodies made with rubbermaid material....normal cast vinyl just pretty much falls off...this sticks like glue....i personally use arlon 8000, and i dont even need primer ....i know both oracal and 3m have a version of it, but dont offhand know the numbers

3. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    that looks like commercial kitchen FRP panel. Might I suggest logo on thin aluminum mounted with vhb?