Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for auto vector software?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by LightHouse, Dec 4, 2007.

1. LightHouse

LightHouse Member

Mar 17, 2007
    anyone

Saw Imagaro Z at a trade show... any feedback on that? I dont have flexi however, Does flexi even have that feature?

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I own a licensed copy of Imagaro Z and rarely use it. It's very awkward if you want to clean your vectors after you trace them and lacks certain basics one would expect from a program in this price range.

Flexi has, depending on how you count them, five different built-in autotracing applications ... which is appropriate for a program in its price range. It also features excellent path cleanup tools for after you autotrace.

The best bang for the buck though is from either CorelDRAW or Adobe Illustrator. Both have excellent autotracing built-in and adequate path cleanup tools.

3. LightHouse

LightHouse Member

Mar 17, 2007
    I have CS2 Fred, live trace or whatever has not worked for me, maybe i am not using it correctly. Is there somewhere iwth a break down of how to use it effciently?

ps sorry for the horrible spelling, haha.

4. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Not sure ... I just kind of wandered into it and practiced with the presets and the controls.

A Google Search turns up lots of tutorials. Check it out and let us know which one(s) helped you.