• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for Laminate Material

Speedsterbeast

On a post I made a while back about issues with my Oracal 210 Lam having too thin of a backing for "The Big Squeegee" to push it out of the way while applying I received a suggestion for using 3M 8509 instead.

Well, I used up my 210 and need to reorder.
I am looking for suggestions again.
So far, all I've used the lam for is protecting digital prints on flat substartes for outdoor signage, labels, decals etc.
I tend to like the matte finish better than the gloss.

Is 3M 8509 the best for Big Squeegee applying, or is there anything else I should look for?
Does Oracal make a thicker backed material as well?

Oh Yeah, 30" wide rolls.
Using mostly Oracal 3551 for media with Eco-Sol Ink

Thanks for any help.

littledeed

I have been using alot of 8509 lately and it seems to be doing great. The backing paper is strong enough to lay back with the big squegee

J

john1

I use the 3M calendered lams with my BS and LOVE them. The oracal stuff is a pain in the rear.

J

john1

Heck, order some FREE samples from the 3M site. They come 54" x 5yds but i cut them down with a saw no problem. Great for testing new products before you buy a whole roll. Arrives in about a week.