Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for making a lifesize stand up?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by SummitSignsandmore, Dec 17, 2012.

1. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    I'm looking for some suggestions/techniques/ideas on material to use. It would have to be a sturdy substrate. I would like to built a base so it could be on wheels and could be wheeled out from inside the business to a sidewalk for advertisement during the day. Has anyone ever done any?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Show us what the finished product will look like.

3. SummitSignsandmore

SummitSignsandmore Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    PA
    The finished product would be a life size stand up of a pin-up girl (design still to be decided) For outdoors, however will only be outside maybe 10 hours of the day.

4. idsignsil

idsignsil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Springfield, IL
    1/2 pvc - router cut - apply print - trim vinyl - double sided tape to post attached to base

This is what we have done in the past.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Make it out of 1" thick Cor-X, strap it to a hand dolly and put two pins in it and it will stand there all day.

Or look into sign boot [new Merchant Member here], he might have a possible remedy for ya.

6. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    lifesize

Her name is dolly. You can put a motor on her arm hinge and make it go up and down.

7. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Make sure she comes in at night. I had a hot model standup holding a for sale sign and forgot to bring her in. She was abducted that night and never seen again.

8. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    :goodpost:

The waving arm would be a BIG plus, the motion would catch more eyes!

:cool1:

9. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    "bring her in"

You know that would probably work if it was a real women holding a For Sale sign also. But if she was a hot model I would definitely bring her in at night.

10. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Local anti-littering campaign had 36 life-sized stand up police officers made holding anti-littering signs. They stuck them at intersections around town. I don't think any of them lasted more than a week.

11. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL