• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for making a lifesize stand up?

I'm looking for some suggestions/techniques/ideas on material to use. It would have to be a sturdy substrate. I would like to built a base so it could be on wheels and could be wheeled out from inside the business to a sidewalk for advertisement during the day. Has anyone ever done any?

The finished product would be a life size stand up of a pin-up girl (design still to be decided) For outdoors, however will only be outside maybe 10 hours of the day.

idsignsil

1/2 pvc - router cut - apply print - trim vinyl - double sided tape to post attached to base

This is what we have done in the past.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Make it out of 1" thick Cor-X, strap it to a hand dolly and put two pins in it and it will stand there all day.

Or look into sign boot [new Merchant Member here], he might have a possible remedy for ya.

SignManiac

Make sure she comes in at night. I had a hot model standup holding a for sale sign and forgot to bring her in. She was abducted that night and never seen again.

John Butto

"bring her in"

Make sure she comes in at night. I had a hot model standup holding a for sale sign and forgot to bring her in. She was abducted that night and never seen again.
You know that would probably work if it was a real women holding a For Sale sign also. But if she was a hot model I would definitely bring her in at night.

Pat Whatley

Local anti-littering campaign had 36 life-sized stand up police officers made holding anti-littering signs. They stuck them at intersections around town. I don't think any of them lasted more than a week.