• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for Mounting 8' wide banner in grass

TheSignShop1316

Hello all,

Been in the biz for 25 years, but I'm wondering if there are any new options (or anything I haven't thought of) to mount a long outdoor banner in an open grassy space (nothing to tie it to)...without having to sink posts. Obviously, you could use angle iron stakes, but are there any products that are made for this?

Thank you!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I use the green fence posts along with "trampoline tie downs" on either side to keep it taught... it prevents the posts from caving in on themselves.

Get the trampoline straps on Amazon. Make sure you get the ratcheting kink

Billct2

8' by what? There are many options under the term "sideline banner frames". As long as they are horizontal.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
On the cheap: we've used two t-posts with a piece of 1/2" conduit between them (at the top and the bottom of the banner) to keep it from sagging so long as you have adequate grommets. Heavy duty cable ties work well for both the conduit and the banner (temporary use).

For a more finished look, you could hem top and bottom pole pockets for the conduit and skip the grommets all together.

JB

Last edited:

OPENSignsInc.

Its a little overkill, but we did sponsor banners, for local soccerfields, with a pillowcase banner over top of an agricultural gate (with the hardware cut off). Then we welded a 1in diameter by 6in pipe to a 3ft x 4in flat bar to make a foot that slid up into the bottom of the fence panel. We drilled a hole at both ends of the foot and used a 12in spike to hold them down.