• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for quality retractable banner stands

trakers

Have client who continually destroys retractable banner stands.

Any guidance on a vendor that offers a higher quality unit that might hold up better to abuse?

The ones we've purchased in the past have plastic end pieces inside that break (2 came new broken), the vertical poles plastic end piece snaps off and the print wants to pull out of the top rail because the customer loses that little tension pin.

Pictured is the ones we have been purchasing

bannerstand.jpg

papabud

Lone Wolf
i use the Artistic Displays Matisse Banner Stand
and love them. They take a lot of abuse but keep working

Christian @ 2CT Media

Any guidance on a vendor that offers a higher quality unit that might hold up better to abuse?

The ones we've purchased in the past have plastic end pieces inside that break (2 came new broken), the vertical poles plastic end piece snaps off and the print wants to pull out of the top rail because the customer loses that little tension pin.

View attachment 130892
I have bags of those top pieces of you need them... We stopped using those stands for that reason.

TimToad

We use Quicksilver and have been super impressed for many, many years. Have never had a return.

The carrying case alone is worth what the whole package costs, the stands are super tough and the poles telescope to any height, so they can be used for different height banners.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Having pretty good luck with Catapult and their Venture stands....easy to assemble and very sturdy. We have several clients that bring them back over and over to change out inserts.

HandsomeBob

Price is very much an indicator of quality when it comes to roll up stands. BUT, is you client willing to pay more for the right stands. The life expectancy of these stands is based on frequency of use. The cheap ones can be used, rolled up and down, a couple of times per month while the expensive ones can be rolled weekly or more.

Is it an issue of the client wanting the cheapest stand but wanting an expensive stand guarantee? How many have they broken?

Are they breaking because the user is impatient opening and closing the stand?

When I sell these I ask the client a series of questions about the use before we even pull out the samples. First question, "Will you use the stand outside?" You would be amazed how many clients say "yes." In the questions is a question about frequency of use.

If you realize that they need the expensive one but they want the cheap one, aquatint them with the failure of the stand they can expect. If you make it clear that they have to purchase the right stand for their use rather than go just for the cheap one they might just thank you or curse you for telling the truth.

SFS Production

Production Manager

View attachment 130892
We use the Silverwing from WSDisply for that reason.

Cynosure

Wsdisplays.com has a handful of nice quality ones at a decent price range in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gabagoo

The Cheap banner stands should be used for customers who plan on opening them once and leaving them basically that way. If they plan on opening and closing them on a routine basis, then problems will arise. I use the Orient 800 and 850 with never a problem.

boxerbay

orbus - cheap mosq800 the nicer ones barracuda are $250.00
but neither will hold up to abuse if the client is tossing them around.