• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for retractable banner stand material?

twmiller24

Does anybody have a material that's working well on retractable banner stands that (a) is bright white, so colors are easy to hit, (b) doesn't curl badly, and (c) is consistent in quality? We're printing right now on a 14 ounce smooth vinyl from Laird that is bright white but the stock has wrinkles and other visible defects throughout the roll (several different rolls). We're looking for something that hopefully isn't really expensive ($.90/sq. foot or less), but that we can depend on for consistent quality. We're printing on Epson GS6000's. We've tried the Sihl polysol films, but they don't laminate well; the Arlon polysol is very bluish, but prints and laminates well.

threeputt

We use GF Poly for solvent ink jet applications. It's by Magic Display and Film. I think Feller's has it.

Gloss white (you may require matte) 36"x20 foot rolls.

Don't know the cost.

twmiller24

We finally found a great material...

• tried an 8 mil rollup film from Grimco that printed well but dried slowly and scratched afterwards
  • tried a rollup film from Arlon that printed well but was very bluish
  • tried a rollup film from Sihl that printed great but didn't laminate well (we don't laminate most of our banners, but a particular recurring job is always laminated)
  • tried several different vinyls from various manufacturers, and none worked as well as what we were trying to replace

But we tested BigFishDigital's 9 mil satin gray-backed rollup film and it prints well, dries fast, doesn't scratch, doesn't curl -- and it was cheaper than the other options we had tested.

boday

Printer Guru
retractable banner

Does anybody have a material that's working well on retractable banner stands that (a) is bright white, so colors are easy to hit, (b) doesn't curl badly, and (c) is consistent in quality? We're printing right now on a 14 ounce smooth vinyl from Laird that is bright white but the stock has wrinkles and other visible defects throughout the roll (several different rolls). We're looking for something that hopefully isn't really expensive ($.90/sq. foot or less), but that we can depend on for consistent quality. We're printing on Epson GS6000's. We've tried the Sihl polysol films, but they don't laminate well; the Arlon polysol is very bluish, but prints and laminates well.

we are using 45 lbs paper and hot lamination. works perfectly. and the color depends on the surface of materials and lamination to use.

danno

It's a little pricey, but we use the Magic Pos Pro 200+. We've tried others, but nothing has worked as good for us as this does.

danno

Bigfish

No sir, I haven't. What format printers will it work on? We have latex, solvet, uv and aqueous in house. We have tried the Pos Pro on all except the uv and had great results.