Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for this installation pleast

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by Stacey K, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Hi all - I've attached a photo of a truck that needs some striping. I'm not sure how I should go about this because of the angles. The blue and black will go all across the side but I only added it on half so you can see the actual truck. Cut vinyl with some cut vinyl lettering to be applied on the black area. Should I butt the blue up to the black? What if there is a little area here and there where it doesn't line up exactly? Could use some ideas on this if anyone has any, thanks much!

Also - applying to the stainless...can I use Oracal 751 and what chemical should I use to clean it? He actually has a chemical he currently cleans it with and I asked him to send me a pic of the bottle. I have a roll of the blue (Oracal 751) that I used on his other vehicles.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    Knifeless Tape and generous overlaps.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    We'd overlap, decide which will be easiest to get a straight edge at the overlap and put that down last.Probably put down the blue first then have the black short of the seam to have a nice straight line. Clean like any metal. We use only the best cast materials on trucks

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Those areas are rarely ever 100% straight. Since you already have the blue, I'd cover the entire area with the blue. That way, you only have 4 edges to contend with for good adhesion, instead of 12. Then, lay your black strip down the middle and then your lettering. In all honesty, I would want to paint the stripes and then letter it once it's dry.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I would print full stripes on Controltac, lay as one piece, and move on to the next job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That would be another good way, but I don't think the OP has a printer.