• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions

steeltech

Hello All!

I was contacted by a local university here in Florida that I have done work for recently. Their problem is this: They ordered a 20' x 30' tent. The company they are working with was supposed to print their school crest and mascot into the fabric on two sides, but for reasons unknown wont be able to ship the tent to the university until the day of or AFTER the event. The company operates out of texas. So the company is going to send them a blank tent and let the school find their own way of putting their designs on. They are asking me to do the job, and I am unfamiliar with this. They are asking that I make large decals and stick them on the sides of the tent. They are in such a pinch that they are ignoring my suggestion that a decal on a collapsible tent will crumple and be destroyed. It would be an expensive waste to see that. The event is on Nov. 9th and they cannot set up the tent until the day of the event. So whatever has to be applied cannot actually be applied until the midnight hour. Theyre not certain what kind of material the tent is made of. I suggested they commission an airbrush artist to come out the day of. I cannot see acrylic paint or a vinyl decal holding up on a collapsible tent. Anyone familiar with tent displays or a solution to this seemingly complex situation?

Thank You.
Chris

HaroldDesign

A large banner hanging on either side? ON the tent sounds nice, but is it necessary in a pinch?

Last edited:

steeltech

I suggested a banner accross the back, or two (one on each side). They called back and requested a quote for 4' x 4' decals. This was after suggesting that a decal will crumple and peel away, not to mention scratch and crack the decal. I will have to strongly suggest the banner route again.

ThinkRight

Hello All!

I was contacted by a local university here in Florida that I have done work for recently. Their problem is this: They ordered a 20' x 30' tent. The company they are working with was supposed to print their school crest and mascot into the fabric on two sides, but for reasons unknown wont be able to ship the tent to the university until the day of or AFTER the event. The company operates out of texas. So the company is going to send them a blank tent and let the school find their own way of putting their designs on. They are asking me to do the job, and I am unfamiliar with this. They are asking that I make large decals and stick them on the sides of the tent. They are in such a pinch that they are ignoring my suggestion that a decal on a collapsible tent will crumple and be destroyed. It would be an expensive waste to see that. The event is on Nov. 9th and they cannot set up the tent until the day of the event. So whatever has to be applied cannot actually be applied until the midnight hour. Theyre not certain what kind of material the tent is made of. I suggested they commission an airbrush artist to come out the day of. I cannot see acrylic paint or a vinyl decal holding up on a collapsible tent. Anyone familiar with tent displays or a solution to this seemingly complex situation?

Thank You.
Chris

Here
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92544&highlight=vynil+for+tents

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93655&highlight=vynil+for+tents

ChicagoGraphics

If it's vinyl material you can use a vinyl decal, but if it's a nylon type material dye sublimation is the only way you can go. As for sewing a banner on you can use a nice soft fabric instead of say 10/13oz vinyl