• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa blade wont move up and down,

freestyledesigns

Summa S class plotter is giving me error message and blade doesnt move up and down, any suggestions on cause, tech says coil or head, what do u guys think?

letterman7

What's the error message? Generally these things are bulletproof; with the machine on, can you manually move the knife? What about with the machine off? If you can move it with it off but not on, then yes, it's probably the head. If the coil was hanging you might still be able to move it a fraction.

freestyledesigns

Ya they have been great, blade literally moves freely with no resistance,lil copper sleeve looks seized and just FYI anyone with a summa s class, tech told me to lube the sleeves about every 30 days , keep things working even smoother, I never did, was never told, think that's what got me, I'll cranker up to 40 for fast plotting, then it happened, thanks for the replies, and yes I love my summa of the opus with my Mimaki , contours amazing !