Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa blade wont move up and down,

Discussion in 'Summa' started by freestyledesigns, Sep 7, 2012.

1. freestyledesigns

freestyledesigns New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Summa S class plotter is giving me error message and blade doesnt move up and down, any suggestions on cause, tech says coil or head, what do u guys think?

Tags:
  2. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    What's the error message? Generally these things are bulletproof; with the machine on, can you manually move the knife? What about with the machine off? If you can move it with it off but not on, then yes, it's probably the head. If the coil was hanging you might still be able to move it a fraction.

3. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    Call Summa Tech- they are the best ever.

4. freestyledesigns

freestyledesigns New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    Ya they have been great, blade literally moves freely with no resistance,lil copper sleeve looks seized and just FYI anyone with a summa s class, tech told me to lube the sleeves about every 30 days , keep things working even smoother, I never did, was never told, think that's what got me, I'll cranker up to 40 for fast plotting, then it happened, thanks for the replies, and yes I love my summa of the opus with my Mimaki , contours amazing !