• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa cut mystery

tintgirl2000

Ok guys heres my problem
I have a d60
For the longest I have learned to live with the unfinished cut in in every job that I send to the plotter. Before weeding, I have to find the unfinished cut and manually cut it so i don't screw up the weed and have to recut a part of the whole.
Of course summa can't give me a straight answer
Anyone else had this problem?
Most likely, it is not in my software, because when I unplug evrything from the plotter and just run a test cut, it still does it. Summa has gone through all the settings with me and no solution.
Help me.

jscarl

Signgirl; I akso have a D60 and do not have this problem.. No idea other than sounds like the plotter. Maby this will help. Mark Yeoman Summa Inc. 800 527 7778 EXT 168. He was very helpful in getting me in contact with the right dept when i had problems. Maby he can help you. Good luck. JIm

gabagoo

I have a Summa d-140 and we only use it to cut digitally printed graphics. I have found that if I do not leave enough material (6") after the final black crop marks then the last graphics on the sheet will not finish the cut. I do not believe that is your problem as it's pretty obvious why it happens ( I still sometimes cut them to short) . Now on my Graphtec 54" cutter that I use for regular every day vinyl cutting I have seen this problem where it sometimes does not finish the cuts on large rounded bottoms of graphics. It is rare that it happens and you usually do not catch it every time as it leaves about 1" of uncut material along the bottom. I think that it may be caused, when a node is pulled down to far off the cut path and the software can't read it when cutting. I'm probably completely wrong about it but thats the best story I can think of. Good luck

dclet

what software are you using?

when you say unfinished where does this usually happen? At each letter or at the very end of the overall job?

Did you try sending test cuts at the plotters cpanel? Does it do the same thing?

Robert H. Bigart

Your plotts are are not being completed, check your lines before going to the cutter use your magnifier and check all conecting points and draw in a line or connect in the gaps.

Bob Bigart

Border

There should be a way to re-initialize the cutter, setting it back to all factory defaults. Also, have you talked to Summa about installing a firmware upgrade, or just re-installing the factory firmware? That would be a good place to start, especially if the machine does it during test cuts initialized at the machine, rather than tests that come through the software program....?