• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Cutter

Rage Wraps

Hey guys, I put this post up in the summa forum, but no response there. I am looking at buying this machine today and I need some advise fast. Summa Durasign T140 with OPOS. What are your opinions? How much is it worth? It has been sitting for 2 years. I got a big job and I need another cutter so I am looking for something fast.

I appreciate your advice, Phil

Rage Wraps

I like them, I am just not familiar with that older model. It is the tan colored unit and was looking for some info. What are they worth used?

summa plotter

I am a summa fan the model you are speaking about. If you are production oriented and want something that lasts a long time it goes in this order for me Graphtec, Summa, Roland. The T series is a tanginal blade meaning it spins and is very precise what its worth is hard question its no cheapy but at that age it has a resale value of around 1500 + it is the 54" model ? right ? could be upwards of 2k depends on where you are.

Last edited:

FrankW

Be careful. Older summa tangential plotters sometimes have problems with a constant cutting depth because of the cutting head is worn-out. Buying a spare tangential cutting head could cost more than the value of the plotter. You can change this plotters to the much cheaper drag knife head, but in this case you need to replace the OPOS-Sensor too, what will cost additional money.