• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa Cutting Half Circles

PMDLLC

I am having two issues. First I would like to say hello to all forum members, moderators, and content creators for allowing us to be part of this. This is my 1st post on here.

My first concern is using Flexi with my Summa T120 cutter. When administering my contour cut lines using the contour cut button within Flexi to do so. After sending my plot and setting up on cutter. When it cuts my circles it cuts 180 degrees of the circle then cuts other half. Anyone know how to get this thing to cut in just one complete circle at once. I have noticed in some instances it has cut the circle in one pass. Not sure what I did differently then.

A second issue is also with Flexi. I setup or choose an old file. Not from production manager. Place new elements or modify an old one with new contour cut lines and perf cuts onto art then send to plotter. When it starts printing it just prints an all black page with no art, no barcode marks, Nothing just a big sheet of black ink. I have tried deleting my printer and adding it back. Seems to help. Yet days later same thing. I use a Canon Pro 4000. Any feedback would help. Thanks, all.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If you using Tangential cutting, that is what it will do. If you want continuous, switch to drag knife.

FrankW

If you have Flexi 19, you have the possibility to simulate the knife movement, and you can sort the contours. Not shure about the menus, I currently sit in front of a mac, and use a german language version at work.

PMDLLC

eahicks i read to use the drag knife. I do have a T120. I am reading now that the tangential knife is the intended knife to use to perform the cuts. Is this what you mean. FrankW thanks for your reply as well. I do use Flexi 19.

FrankW

Thank you. For the simulation of the path direction, use Menu "Arrange", Menu entry "Cut Order".

PMDLLC

FrankW when i do that nothing seems to matter. Rearrange cut paths, start stops, etc...it still cuts half circle than other half.

PMDLLC

Thanks Snydo. I will check Summa Cutter Control app and on Summa front lcd panel itself when I get back to shop. I think its turned off, as I rarely use panelling. I will double check.