• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D 140 first cut missing

jim_papa

Hello to everyone.
When I'm starting a new cut, the first 1 cm cut is missing. All the other cuts are perfect. This happens at all first cuts. I have read some time ago that one o-ring in the head is the problem, do you know the exact dimensions of this o-ring? Its at the top of the shaft that goes the pin up and down.
Thanks for any help

cornholio

Is it a Summasign?
If yes it's not a o-ring, but a rubber damper inside the magnetic actuator. Nreds to be disassembled to get to.

jim_papa

Is it a Summasign?
If yes it's not a o-ring, but a rubber damper inside the magnetic actuator. Nreds to be disassembled to get to.
When I disassembled, I didn't find any damper inside the magnet... Do you have any photo to see how it is?

cornholio

I don't have a photo, but when I remember correctly, its a black round piece of foam rubber with a diameter of 5mm and a thickness of maybe 1-2mm.(the problem: it gets compressed over time)
It is mounted in the center of the magnet. You need to remove the coil out of the magnet to get to it.(and be able to remount it centered...)