• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D140R did Firmware update M9985-rev. 040 now opos don’t read at all need help please

tomcnc

I did everything I can my OPOS was reading alittle and miss cutting I did all the trouble shooting before I update.so I update to the newest firmware M9985-.040 now my serial number is not listed on the fw version and not on cutter control. Can anybody help with this I think my machine not having serial number listed is the reason my opos

Attachments

• IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44

cornholio

Looks like your parameters got lost. You can get the factory backup from summa.com and restore them on your unit.

tomcnc

Got that done the serial number now my OPOS not reading just doing circle around black box
I try OPOS print on paper
Send to cutter with cutter control
Line up one top of the black box with the tool it just goes in circles I do have video

Attachments

• IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    797.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5270.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 20

Attila Nagy

Cannot see clearly on the video, I could be wrong, but seems like the sensor did not drop. still in up position. Cannot hear the drop neither when carriage stops at the left.

tomcnc

I try to get better video for you Thank you for helping out on this I am so Grateful.and yes I calibrated the OPOS cut square then I weed it will read and no error’s

Last edited:

tomcnc

now i need to get setting right again what i did was bring down the OPOS start the barcode read then it lifts the sensor up does the cuts again

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Firmware update for sure didn't get that pushdown part lost.....

1711351267344.png

Last edited:

Attila Nagy

There is only one that’s on right side
The right one pushes it back up.
Someone hoped, that way can be use wider material if it was removed.
The opos needs to be down for the accurate reading.
Nothing to do with the firmware upgrade, but the mechanical Downgrade.

tomcnc

I want to thank you for all the help and very grateful. now i just need to set cutter just for Kisscut and perf cut only that all i need to just get setting the right way i have other cutter just for vinyl.