• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D140SE Power supply going????

My plotter all of a sudden has an issue turning on. Yes all connections checked and rechecked. It will turn on now only after repeated attempts. I am assuming my power supply is on its way out! Where can I get one for this machine and is it easy to do the repair myself?

Smoke_Jaguar

If you're going to replace the power supply and open the thing up anyways, might be worth putting a meter on it to check voltage. While in there, look for any scorch marks and check your fuse as well (located near the power cord socket typically).

vondegroot

If you're handy with a soldering iron, it's likely just a bad cap. Saved myself $400 by doing this on a hp printer last year ;)

Smoke_Jaguar

Sometimes the failure is nice and obvious, not a bad idea to take a nice high res pic of both sides of the board in good lighting to post for others to take a look at. No guarantees, but a $10 DigiKey order might save you a few hundo.