• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D160R goes off

LisaAktseli

Hi everyone,

We have a Summa D160R and we are trying to do a print & cut job, using contour cut through FlexiSign. Everything is fine, registration marks etc. The job is 3 meters long and it has about 80 stickers on it.
However, once it's identified the registration marks and starts to cut it doesn't cut all the stickers properly. Some of them are cut fine but others are off-set.

It might be the fact that the print is too long, but I'm not sure as when we first bought the plotter we could contour cut 3 meters long prints with success.

Anyone has any idea what causes this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa

bigben

I have the same cutter. When we cut lot of small decal, we try to not make more than 4 feet (1 meter) at a time. Anyway, with the barcode reading, we can put 3-4 jobs back a back and it will read the jobs. This way, it ''reset'' the reading every 1 meter for better accuracy.