• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D60 blade holder ( after market )

restyle

Can someone please give me an option about the after market blade holder that you find in Ebay? Has anybody tried one and compared it to the original holder?

Alex

Pat Whatley

yes...it sucked. It was "pretty close" but not exact. The blade couldn't rotate completely freely and would ocassionally bind in the holder.

restyle

Hi Pat,

Is the blade holder that you have made from Germany, are you able to post me a photo so that I can have an idea of what it looks like?

Alex

Pat Whatley

sorry...it didn't work for me so i ordered an oem one (from jsi, i think) and sent the other one to live in the landfill

restyle

Hi Pat,

Do you have a Summa d60 cutter, if so I need to find out about the Media rollers that sit on the back of the cutter? I purchased my cutter secondhand and I have noticed that the roller, the one next to the power ON switch doesn't spin so freely unlike the back roller which spins effortlessly, the roller that I'm talking about has the black plastic end cap on one side. With mine I also noticed that it might be missing a plastic washser on the other end of the roller ( opposite to the one with the plastic cap ) I hope you understand what I have been trying to explain? Anyways do you or someone have a photo or website link of the assembly diagram for the Media Rollers, I just need to see if this is normal or if I have something missing with my cutter that is causing this roller from spinning freely?

Alex

Doug Pulver

Alex,
There is a video on Youtube showing the setup for loading the D60. It mentions that the roller under the power switch has a brake. That would cause the roller not to spin freely. Here is a link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b15ZKuhlRv4
I hope that this helps. I just purchased a used Summa D60 and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

FrankW

I purchased my cutter secondhand and I have noticed that the roller, the one next to the power ON switch doesn't spin so freely unlike the back roller which spins effortlessly, the roller that I'm talking about has the black plastic end cap on one side.

Doug Pulver is right. If none of the rollers are braked, the media roll will continue spinning even if the plotter has stopped feeding. You will find this "brake" on every Summa-Machine. Other plotters like Rolands have manual brakes to be set.

sarge

I have the D60 and i bought an after market blade holder to save money .. well i had to change my name from jack to dick .. it was a pos .. then i just went to lake city and got a real one .. what sucked was i didnt need a new one .. i just bought one just in case .. my other plotter is a lynk and i had blade holder issues with that one .. so .. just in case .. well if i was you get it from lake city i am sure they wont care .. that way you dont waste more money and time

sarge

I forgot to address your back roller issue .. not that you needed it .. what the other guys are saying about the brake (black cap) is correct so dont worry