• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D60/U

bobwire

Hello everyone, i have a D60 that will not power up at all. After a lot of reading and some trouble shooting i believe it is the power supply but i have not been able to locate one. If anyone knows of where i can find one i would be forever gratefull.
Thanks, bobwire :thankyou:

tintgirl2000

Maybe this helps

Ok maybe I can help you. My D60 did the same thing. Turn it off. I turned it over and opened it completely up. You will have to remove several screws. Turn it back on. Get a power tester and touch around, with it grounded, to random souldered joints. If it turns on, you can find out if the break in the power is in your power supply board or not. Mine was. For a while I left my machine on at all times because if I turned it off it would not come back on again without this whole process. I called Summa and they told me I could send it to them, but the cost involved, was not worth putting into a D60 of 6 years old. I took the chance confidently knowing that I could replace it. I did and it solved the problem. Since then I have replaced the head as well. The PS cost about $200.00, where the head was $3-$400. Dude walked me through it replacing the head and as any of you know it is still strong as ever. I hope that helps. Give me a holler if I can help any further.

joeutut

Have the same plotter and mine went out the same way last week. Called Summa and they overrnighted a power supply. Cost about $400 with shipping. Real easy to install.

bobwire

Thanks guys for the info. $400.00 for a 6 year old cutter is a little high for me right now. tintgirl2000 i will try as you did before thinking about a new one.
Thanks again , bobwire

bobwire

Well i pulled the power supply off but couldn't the problem checking the solder joints so it just sat until last Sunday. I checked the board for a manufacture and found it was made by Meal Well, model LPS-100-27. I did a search on google and found 1 for $41.97 at TRC Electronics. They didn't have it in stock but they will i 2 weeks so i ordered it. Better than $400.00. I will let you guys know in a few weeks if that was the problem. Thanks again for everyone's input
bobwire

bobwire

I received the power supply today and the unit powered up fine. I have using Flexisign Pro 8.1 installed. I plugged the usb in and i get the adding new hardware screen. What program do i need to make these 2 communicate.
Thanks to anyone that can help me get this going, bobwire