• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D60 w/ New Imac...What Software?!

splizaat

I am in trouble!!! I just ditched the PC we were using with our D60 plotter and Flexisign, but now I'm facing a problem. The new 24" Imac with Mac OSX 10.5.1 (newest) doesn't work with any of the drivers off summa's website?! So what software would you guys recommend?? I design in Illustrator CS2 and was using flexi purely for importing the design to send to the cutter....If there's an illustrator plugin that works for sending straight to the cutter, I'd actually prefer that..

Not looking for anything fancy software-wise...just something that WORKS with my setup...my business is at a standstill and I've got jobs stacking up!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

wcfal

Hello Matt,

You can use MacSign Cut (it was free with my D75, I also use an iMac but run OS 10.4). You can download it from softeamweb.com. It lets you import Illustrator files.

Hope that helps!

DavidFord

Parallels

I am in trouble!!! I just ditched the PC we were using with our D60 plotter and Flexisign, but now I'm facing a problem. The new 24" Imac with Mac OSX 10.5.1 (newest) doesn't work with any of the drivers off summa's website?! So what software would you guys recommend?? I design in Illustrator CS2 and was using flexi purely for importing the design to send to the cutter....If there's an illustrator plugin that works for sending straight to the cutter, I'd actually prefer that..

Not looking for anything fancy software-wise...just something that WORKS with my setup...my business is at a standstill and I've got jobs stacking up!

Thanks in advance!

Matt
You can run Parallels, which allows you to run windows inside leopard. You can design and do most of your work in Leopard and drag the file in to the windows environment and open it in any sign cutting program that runs under windows.

Boot Camp that comes with Leopard requires you to reboot in order to get to windows.

David Ford

Bill Modzel

That kinda sucks Matt. Graphtec has always had an Mac/Illustrator plug in for their plotters which has been nice. I'm running my Edge and GSx Plus through MacImprint yet although Gerber has no plans to update that wonderful piece of software. Keeping one Mac on Illy 10 just for that.
Just is an understatement though. Can't replace that Edge, just produces too many specialty products for us.