• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC3 plus Troubleshooting

DarrinV

Hello, I have a Summa DC3 Plus and just recently I have been getting a message. It says FATAL ERROR, printhead (Y-axis) current protection. I will be in the middle of print job, sometimes I can get through a print without a mess up but when it does mess up, It seems like it just stops as though it lost signal/connection??. It usually messes up on the return trip to the left and most of the time stops between the 3rd and 4th cartridge holders. For troubleshooting I have done the following....
boosted the printhead comp from 120 to 140 per Summa tech FAILED, greased the spindle the printhead glides across FAILED, checked all connections USB etc FAILED, took the top off the printer and watched to make sure it was not being obstructed by the cartridge or anything else, everything was good FAILED. There is nothing wrong with the printing etc, it just keeps stopping without warning in the middle of a job....HELP PLEASE. any suggestions I can try?

CarNate69

Always trying hooking it up to another computer, the software is free and easy to install of course so try that first. If your motherboard has issues, which you won't actually know (we had this issue), you'll see problems like this. This will eliminate that it's not your computer and you can move to hardware on the printer itself.