• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SUMMA DC3 question

yamaha581

I had asked before if the DC3 will take materials other than 40". We normally are printing on 30" vinyl and from what I see it will only use 40" material. I went on Summa's website and I didn't even see any 40" rolls. Do they still make any or is it possible for me to use a different size roll?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Yamaha,

The DC3/DC3+ can only print on 39.3" media. We do offer media in that width, but if you ordered through a third party supplier you would need to have them slit a larger roll(48" or 54") down to the 39.3" width.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

yamaha581

Thank you for the reply!

The guy that has the machine says he has all the software but he says that it doesn't have a dongle. He said you just have to install the software to use it. Does that sound correct? Everywhere I read it says the DC3 has a dongle I thought.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
HI Yamaha,

Assuming they are including the ColorControl RIP, it does require the dongle. Without the dongle you will not be able to use the software.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.