• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC4 and Apple iMac

daenterpri

Is anyone using a combination of Summa DC4 and Apple iMac with Windows via Parallels?

I currently run a PC, which works fine, but I do all my design work with Mac. I'm thinking about going from my old Macbook Pro laptop to a new iMac so I'm not so spread out and I didn't know if anyone had run into any issues by doing this.

Anyone?

shado

I send from Apple to DC4 all the time

I have enjoyed consistently successful results outputting files to DC4 and DC4sx machines through ColorControl using VMWare Fusion on both a 2008 Mac Pro and a 2009 Macbook Pro. While I can't personally vouch for Parallels (I have an older version on the home iMac that goes mostly unused), I would bet it offers the same nearly seamless integration of Windows that Fusion does.

Using the ColorControl dongle with the USB hub should work fine. I imagine it might factor whether the hub is powered or not. I always plug the dongle into a port on the actual computer. You may want to refer to the Parallels documentation to read up on how the software recognizes USB connections between operating systems. As always, Summa's technical support team would be happy to assist if you run into any troubles

daenterpri

Thanks for your reply! When I mentioned the idea to one of the tech's they seemed to not like the idea. But my sales guy told me he has customers that do it.