• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC4

Molson

Does anyone have one or seen there work are they worth a damn or not? I do primarily Drag Race cars. The vinyl is normally on for less than a year so I was looking at this printer as an option. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Drew

Last edited:

PGSigns

I have one and like it. Wrapped a jr dragster last week and it came out great. I run a drag car and have done several. The ability to print on specialty materials like offered by R-tape has been a big seller. Summa will send you some samples or if you want to sub some work to get a feel for what you get before you buy one I would be able to do that for you.
Jimmy

cdiesel

I'm considering getting one, mostly for small decals and such. The one thing that concerns me is the print speed, though. Seems like a snail's pace. Have you still found it to be profitable at the low speeds?

Ruddbow

Pics

Hey Jimmy, You have any pics of the Jr. Dragster? Would love to see it. Also what vinyl did you print to? R-tape?

dclet

Seems like a snail's pace. Have you still found it to be profitable at the low speeds?

Most Thermals are Sloooooooooow.
yup very profitable. I never considered its speed an issue, You have to look at it's "back end " also - no lamination - no dry time needed.

Though I have a dc3+ it's basically the same tech.

Summa Users -
digital-graphica

PGSigns

I should have pictures of the jr this week. As far as the rtape they have a printable series out now and it works real nice with the thermal. The pace for printing is a little slow but it is ready to apply as soon as it comes off the printer. Each machine has its own benifits and draw backs so you pick what fits your business best.
Jimmy