Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa DC4

Discussion in 'Summa' started by Molson, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Molson

Molson Member

Mar 11, 2005
    Peru
    Does anyone have one or seen there work are they worth a damn or not? I do primarily Drag Race cars. The vinyl is normally on for less than a year so I was looking at this printer as an option. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Drew

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
    Tags:
  2. PGSigns

PGSigns Active Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I have one and like it. Wrapped a jr dragster last week and it came out great. I run a drag car and have done several. The ability to print on specialty materials like offered by R-tape has been a big seller. Summa will send you some samples or if you want to sub some work to get a feel for what you get before you buy one I would be able to do that for you.
    Jimmy

3. cdiesel

cdiesel Very Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm considering getting one, mostly for small decals and such. The one thing that concerns me is the print speed, though. Seems like a snail's pace. Have you still found it to be profitable at the low speeds?

4. Ruddbow

Ruddbow Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Central Iowa
    Pics

Hey Jimmy, You have any pics of the Jr. Dragster? Would love to see it. Also what vinyl did you print to? R-tape?

5. dclet

dclet Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    fdsfdf
    Most Thermals are Sloooooooooow.
    yup very profitable. I never considered its speed an issue, You have to look at it's "back end " also - no lamination - no dry time needed.

Though I have a dc3+ it's basically the same tech.

Summa Users -
    digital-graphica

6. PGSigns

PGSigns Active Member

Apr 1, 2005
    I should have pictures of the jr this week. As far as the rtape they have a printable series out now and it works real nice with the thermal. The pace for printing is a little slow but it is ready to apply as soon as it comes off the printer. Each machine has its own benifits and draw backs so you pick what fits your business best.
    Jimmy