Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa DC4sx trying to figure out how to print antique white on clear. Using sign lab 10 print and cu

Discussion in 'Summa' started by JR's, Jul 26, 2019.

1. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    Summa DC4sx trying to figure out how to print antique white on clear.
    Using sign lab 10 print and cut

Hey guys any help greatly appreciated. What I am trying to do is print a off white
    old looking color on clear. I run sign lab 10 print and cut full version.

The goal is to print a worn out logo on clear so the background color of the truck will show through.
    And the logo will look old and faded. With hollow spots here and there.

Don't know if it can be done but that is what I am trying to do.

Thanks again
    JR

Tags:
  2. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Hello JR's,

I am not sure of the process for doing this out of Signlab, but in Corel you can screen down the individual spot colors to create the effect you are looking for. I would start with something like 90% screen and it will print the white spot color with a slightly faded look(almost screened). If it is still too dark after you reduced to 90% then just reduce it in 10% increments until you are able to get the faded look just right. My guess would be around 70% would be a good happy medium.

Feel free to email me at philj@airmark.com if you want to pick my brain on any of this.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
    Airmark Corporation
    (800)527-7778, ext 112
    philj@airmark.com

3. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    thank you Phil. I will try this.