• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC4sx ?

bcpop

Is anyone using the Summa DC4sx. If so how do you like it? Are there any hidden "quirks"? Input would be appreciated. Thanks.

PGSigns

I have had one for two years and there are some things it takes a while to get used to. The biggest thing you need to learn is the alignment process, calibrating the media, and what it will and won't do. Pick a couple of files based on what you need to print the most and have them run them while your at the dealer and see what you think.
Jimmy

bcpop

Jimmy/Geiger Racing
Thanks!
Have you been happy with the overall performance of the DC4sx and the Technical support from Summa? I have a Edge and I am considering getting away from it.

sarge

i have no long term history with one .. but this i do know about summa .. their tech support is the best i have ever worked with .. having said that .. i have had summa products for 9 years .. 5 calls to them .. 3 bone heads years ago .. 1 servo motor a couple weeks ago and a firmware upgrade last week

PGSigns

If you are asking about would I buy another Summa, the answer is yes. I knew what I wanted to do with this printer when I got it and t has performed very well for what I do. One thing about this machine when you print a run of a couple od hundred decals and it contour cuts them they are dead on every time.
Jimmy

Jim Doggett

Yes! For Thermal Transfer print-and-cut (which actully makes sense; inkjet output needs lamination; TT does not) -- DC4sx is the best choice bar none ... IMHO

Jim D