• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa DC5 just in. No support

Versus

Graphics
Sounds right. thanks :)

i´ll get my collegue to send you an mail on it. He was the one using the Gerber, i pretty much hated it from day one lol.
It might be a few days, we are really busy atm.

JoeRansom

What ever happened to that other machine. The Matan spark that was a thermal printer? Did it go outta buisness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Versus

Graphics
i have never in my life heard of that printer! Must be a thing in the US. but by the look of google, its out of production

FrankW

What ever happened to that other machine. The Matan spark that was a thermal printer? Did it go outta buisness.

The Matan Spark isn't available anymore (Like edge, but a little bit wider and 4 colours at the same time), but Matan still produce thermal transfer printers, with printing widths of up to 40 inches. Which comes nearest to the Gerber is the SprinG , but it prints with up to 6 colours at one time, and an output of up to 905 ft/hr.

SprinG3 - Industrial digital printer for durable graphics

But I think it doesn't make sense except for big print volumes. The construction lead to that every loaded ribbon is used during printing, if it is in use or not.

No idea about the costs, but I'm shure it will be much more than a gerber or summa.