• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 Air Compressor

mbarden

Hi Folks,
We've purchased a Summa F1612 and are getting the area ready for installtion. What air compressors have you installed? Do you get a sperate compressor or run air off of an existing paint booth complressor?
Thanks

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good afternoon,

The air compressor that you select will vary depending on whether you are getting any of the pneumatic tools like the POT or high frequency router, but if you aren't getting any of the pneumatic tools a "pancake" compressor will be sufficient for the media advance clamps. If you are getting some of the pneumatic tools, a lot of the companies that we work with like to use the California Air Tools compressors and the reviews have been solid on those. Not sure who you purchased the 1612 from, but we usually send out a full site preparation guide ahead of time that lists out all the specs for the compressor, electrical, etc. so you might check with your dealer to see if they have anything like that.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

netsol

no reason you can't do either, as long as it is good, clean DRY air
look in the installation manual and bebsure you give it thevpressure it requires

mbarden

Good afternoon,

The air compressor that you select will vary depending on whether you are getting any of the pneumatic tools like the POT or high frequency router, but if you aren't getting any of the pneumatic tools a "pancake" compressor will be sufficient for the media advance clamps. If you are getting some of the pneumatic tools, a lot of the companies that we work with like to use the California Air Tools compressors and the reviews have been solid on those. Not sure who you purchased the 1612 from, but we usually send out a full site preparation guide ahead of time that lists out all the specs for the compressor, electrical, etc. so you might check with your dealer to see if they have anything like that.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
We got the Summa from Northlight Color. they sent the guide but honestly its a little confusing. As with anything you can spend a lot of money on the ancillary products so I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions. We do not have a pneumatic tools ordered. we do have the 1.4 router though.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
There are several guides, and some companies make their own, so it's possible the one you received is quite a bit different than the one we created(which we started when we owned and operated Summa and then refined it over time). If you aren't getting any pneumatic tools, there is no need at all to invest in a high capacity compressor when all you'll be using the air for is the pneumatic clamps. 100 PSI(7 bar) @ 0.7CFM is all you need for the clamps.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

ProColorGraphics

We got the Summa from Northlight Color. they sent the guide but honestly its a little confusing. As with anything you can spend a lot of money on the ancillary products so I'm wondering if anyone has any good suggestions. We do not have a pneumatic tools ordered. we do have the 1.4 router though.
It doesn't take much. My building has a big compressor setup as it was an old forklift service building. But when that went out for a while, I just used a small pancake compressor for a few weeks and it worked just fine. I would get a decent sized tank and a super quiet one if it's gonna be in the same area.