• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 and Routing

daenterpri

Hey guys!

Welp, we are bringing an F1612 online tomorrow. We purchased it with the router option. Our shop is small, and the ideal place to put the router would be about 10ft from one of our printers. Since we won't be doing any wood routing, should I worry at all about dust on my prints assuming our vacuum is in good working order? Again, we will only be routing PVC and Di-Bond type materials.

Thanks for the help!

nuke

signs since 1999
This is what i can tell you

We have our router in its own room away from the flatbed and latex printers, pvc seems to have its own special dust.
Let me know how you like your Summa f1612. we have been looking at them ourselves

reQ

May i ask how much you paid for it? I was kinda looking at this type of equipment but never inquired about prices.

daenterpri

I still really want to get one in our shop but we're out of space. If we add more equipment we'll have to move into a bigger shop......so it's on hold for right now.

We are kinda in the same boat, but we are doing it anyway ;) We have about 1200 sq/ft of shop and that currently holds: 4 - 4x8 work benches, shelving, shipping station, 2 - HP Latex Printers, 2 - Wide Format Laminators, 2 - Summa S2 Cutters, 1 - Summa DC4sx, and then today an F1612 coming in! We are determined to try and make it work. We just have to be efficient.

reQ

I got a quote from ND Graphics for around $90k installed and trained with the router option, but this was back in September.

I still really want to get one in our shop but we're out of space. If we add more equipment we'll have to move into a bigger shop......so it's on hold for right now.

Still looks like a great piece of equipment to compliment a flatbed, especially for the price point. :thumb:

Yeah, i won't be surprised that the price would go up, specially because of our awesome canadian dollar lol. Looks like awesome piece of equipment, very tempted....

daenterpri

Man, talk about good use of space! Makes me wonder if we're too generous with our space lol. Then again I find myself moving stuff to to get to other stuff everyday which gets pretty old and definitely isn't efficient sometimes.

Good luck with the setup, keep us posted on your first impressions! :thumb:

Will do!

ez2wrap

Hi! new summa f1612

We are getting our Summa F series today... Any suggestions?

We also purchased it with the routing system. I found on this forum, that there are bids other than summa's that work with the machine. Anyone knows of the brand?

We are mostly looking to cut boards, and thin poleax with it... they told us that wood can also be cut.. anyone has experience with cutting thin plywood ?

We just purchased a HP fb500 & summa F1612 .

daenterpri

We are getting our Summa F series today... Any suggestions?

Congrats! We've really enjoyed our F1612 so far. We've gone with Onsrud bits. We generally purchase them from Amazon or eBay. I've found this guide super helpful in selecting bits for different applications. Anything with metal (dibond, epanel, etc..) we've gone with their 63-xxx series bits and then for the lighter stuff (PVC, foam, etc...), we've gone with their 52-xxx series bits.

Hope all goes well with your new setup!