• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa F1612 flatbed cutter

kanini

Signed the papers for a brand new Summa F1612 flatbed cutter today, delivery this week and installation within two weeks. What should we pay attention to with the setup and with the training? Any particular things to ask?
Soo excited! :peace!:

Bly

Wow. Congrats. I've been looking at these lately too.
Can these cut sheets longer than the 1200mm bed length?

kanini

Wow. Congrats. I've been looking at these lately too.
Can these cut sheets longer than the 1200mm bed length?
Thank you! Yes, you can. You probably have to have some kind of support tables or something if you have really long and/or sloppy sheets but in this video:

[video=youtube;YMwWSB98-Y4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMwWSB98-Y4[/video]

they show how it works, it grabs the material and moves it so in theory you can cut as long pieces as you want. I think you need the pneumatic pack with it for this to work. You can also cut long rolls of roll material with the same principle, only then you use a roll holder.

kanini

We are getting it too in couple of weeks! I'm thrilled!! Opens up so many doors for different types of applications..
Great to hear! I too think it's a very versatile machine. Did you get the router module also? We didn't at this stage but planning on adding it soon. Please let me/us know how you like the machine later on!

MainostePrint

Great to hear! I too think it's a very versatile machine. Did you get the router module also? We didn't at this stage but planning on adding it soon. Please let me/us know how you like the machine later on!

Yes, we're getting the router as well. We were planning on doing the same thing like you, but got a deal with the router, so we took it as well.
Finally no more hand cutting with endless list of rolls and sheets waiting to be processed.. We can concentrate better on printing, customer service, etc... It's not a god's gift from heaven that changes everything :Big Laugh but sure it's a great help for both of our production. And like I said, opens a lot of doors for new markets, like display products etc.

bigben

I'm wondering how precise it would cut a banner 48inX120in. The second part have to start exactly where the first part end.

kanini

I'm wondering how precise it would cut a banner 48inX120in. The second part have to start exactly where the first part end.
I hope no problem. On the demo we did we cut out some (maybe 8 pcs side by side) strips from vinyl (cut trough), strips was 4x177 inches. The point where it moved and started again could barely be felt by scraping the nail against the edge of the vinyl as a very small bump, but visually you had a very hard time to find it if seen at all. So I hope it will work out this good on our machine as well. Compared with scissors or knife I think the machine is much much more precise.

kanini

I ordered mine this week.. s2 140t will be replaced with F :) :loveya:
Congrats to the new machine!! Hope you'll enjoy it and I think it definately will improve your post processing a lot. Let us hear what you think when you're up and running!