Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Summa F1612 HF router bits

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by achatwin, Jun 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. achatwin

achatwin New Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Denton, TX
    We have a new Summa F1612, with the HF router, scheduled for delivery next week. We are having trouble finding router bits meeting the HF router specs of a 6mm shank with overall length between 50-58mm.
    I have Googled about everything and found very limited options. I am looking for recommendations from anyone with this router option. Also, will this router possibly accept a 60mm OAL bit?

Tags:
  2. axelmk

axelmk Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Houston, TX
    Have you tried CutGuru.com
    They normally have bits and blades for several routers. I have purchased from them in the past for our Colex and have had good results.

3. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Not sure if the HF router uses the same collet as the standard router, but we bought a replacement collet in 1/8" and 1/4" for our router. (The standard router uses the ER16 collet - you should be able to check your documentation to confirm.)

https://www.precisebits.com/gateways/ColletsNutsHome.htm

This way you can use standard 1/8" and 1/4" bits...

• Like Like x 1
  4. achatwin

achatwin New Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Denton, TX
    I have not tried them. Checking their website, they have several 6mm shank bits, however, they do not include overall length in their descriptions so it will take a phone call to find out that information. I find it odd that they would not include that info in their bit descriptions.

5. achatwin

achatwin New Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Denton, TX
    My understanding is that the standard router has several collet sizes as options. However, I believe the HF router is fixed at 6mm. I can find 6mm shanks, just very few in the 50-58mm OAL specified for the HF.

6. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Does your reseller for the Summa stock them? You can try Airmark...or are you looking for non-summa? You can try OSRUD.com

7. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    onsrud.com, sorry