• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Fatal Error message

DarrinV

Hello, quick question. I have a summa dc3 plus printer/cutter. Had it for about 12 years no problems too big to figure out until now. First I have called Summa tech and of course they always want to start off with settings. This morning I received a message that states Fatal Error printhead (Y-axis) current protection. Haven't done or changed anything since last printing 2 days ago. You never know when it will act up. I got through a job with no problem but the next one stopped in front of the 4th cartridge holder on its way back to the left start position. They told me to bump up the printhead comp from 120 to 140 which helped a little but it did it again. They suggest also to grease the spindle rod. My question is I design on one computer, save it on a USB mass drive and print it from another computer set-up. This last time on the led screen it said something about scandisc. Could my USB device be corrupt or bad after transferring things back and forth for a while. Any ideas would be great.

FrankW

That error message means that for any reasons the movement of the printhead carriage needs too much power. What means that the printhead carriage sticks there. I would check for obstructions around the 4th cartridge Holder. Greasing the rod could be a good idea.