• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa FB1612 Tangential Module parts

Santimus

Hi, I am looking for this part on the tangential module. Its on the up/down axis. Thanks!

Attachments

• b63737e7199857630f7452669b81815242ef8c7d-1.jpg
    b63737e7199857630f7452669b81815242ef8c7d-1.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 253

airborneassault

Mine did the exact same thing. I sent it to my dealer who sent it to Summa and said it wasn't repairable they just wanted me to purchase another one. I haven't been able to get the broken one back but thought about approaching someone with a 3d printer to see if it would be possible to replicate.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
To me it looks like the shaft coupler is broken.
Measure the shaft sizes and size of the coupler and go to:

You do need to find why it broke, maybe misalignment, a seized bearing or something else is/was stuck.

Santimus

Mine did the exact same thing. I sent it to my dealer who sent it to Summa and said it wasn't repairable they just wanted me to purchase another one. I haven't been able to get the broken one back but thought about approaching someone with a 3d printer to see if it would be possible to replicate.
I bought the part through Airmark. I called and described the part and the sales person patched me through to a tech who immediately knew what it was. The part is a HeliCal WAC15. I installed it in about 15 mins. It's working great again.

Santimus

To me it looks like the shaft coupler is broken.
Measure the shaft sizes and size of the coupler and go to:

You do need to find why it broke, maybe misalignment, a seized bearing or something else is/was stuck.
thanks! I found a local company that sells them. I think it snapped because my guys were using the kiss cutting tool to cut polystyrene material instead of the single edge blade tool... I re-lubed all moving metal parts but if it breaks again then I will check out if anything looks seized.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That coupler is designed specifically to flex some and or fail in order to prevent much more expensive parts from being damaged in the event of an overload. Probably a good part to keep a spare of on hand.