• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa Layers in Illustrator

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Got my GoSign to see my S3.

On to Final Step - I have tried to add MacSign to my Illustrator CS5 on my iMac. I successfully got the Summa plugins installed - so I can add the registration marks.

But now I can not load the methods.ait template to get the proper Layers (Black Print Data, Yellow Draw, Red Kiss-cut, Blue Thru-cut). So in my own file I tried to create all 4 layers - and when I open the PDF in GoSign, everything is messed up and distorted.

I feel like this is my final step - I watch videos, and I can't get it. I go to File, and I see MacSign, and Summa - but when I click on Send to MacSign, my Applications Folder opens and says it can not find the application.

Is there a way to successfully create these layers on my own in Illustrator so GoSign recognizes the cut lines when I import the PDF?

Thank you!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-07 at 12.53.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-07 at 12.53.54 AM.png
    172.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

jerry369

Download and install Summa Cutter Control and verify if it can connect to the plotter or it also does not connect

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Download and install Summa Cutter Control and verify if it can connect to the plotter or it also does not connect
Connection is now set (after I completed registration of my cutter - it found it right away).

Now just the Illustrator/Layer issue - feel like I am close - but when I import the PDF the file looks all messed up - the layers in Illustrator are not correct.

jerry369

The Layer names to use with GoSign must be:

"Kiss-cut"
"Thru-cut"
"Draw"
"Print Data" (it will be ignored n GoSign)

Be sure the Import Document action in GoSign is set to use Layer Names to recognize shapes

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Got it!!!!

Last question - I think I was to use kiss cut. Thrucut worked - but setting on summa was 110gf but when it was cutting it was showing 250gf……?

If I do kiss cut as the layer will it use the force set on the machine - in this instance 110?

Thanks!

Last edited:

jerry369

The plotter uses two different pressures: one for kiss-cut (that in the main panel) and one for flexcut (in reality they are two: full and flex) in the flex panel.

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Got it - thanks for all your help! Now that I got it as Kisscut it is matching what I am inputting on the machine as you mentioned.

Thanks! This S3 (though not the easiest to setup with my situation) is so much better than my Roland at cutting. Plus I can now print and cut at the same time with 2 machines now.

Thanks again!