• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa not cutting properly

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So we have a fairly new S2 160 T. I am cutting a black vinyl grid to apply to a dry erase board.
We do these all the time. Suddenly having this issue.. all my lines, which are correct and even thickness in the file, are coming out thicker in parts, way too thin in other parts. So it appears the vinyl is shifting somehow. I am using all 4 pinch rollers, and I have slowed the machine way down to cut it very slow and I'm watching as it cuts. I can't figure where it's going wrong. I have attempted 5 times (these are 4'x 8' btw, so imagine how much vinyl I am wasting.) NEVER had this issue, even on our old crappy Q54.

ANY IDEAS??

rjssigns

Didn't mention if it was random or repeatable(same spot every time). Blade holder or carriage may be loose. Could be an issue with the bearings in blade holder.

Just because something is new doesn't exclude it from being broken.

eahicks

Make sure it is sequencing the cuts and not going back and forth
Well it's hard to sequence these cuts...mostly long lines. So there is a bit of back and forth. It's cutting like the vinyl is not tracking straight from one end to the other, but Im watching it and it's not moving side to side.

eahicks

Well it's hard to sequence these cuts...mostly long lines. So there is a bit of back and forth. It's cutting like the vinyl is not tracking straight from one end to the other, but Im watching it and it's not moving side to side.

eahicks

try again

Attachments

• lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 313
  • lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 299

FrankW

Check if Autoload is enabled. If it is disabled, enable it. Do you use a heavy roll, but don't use the media flanges? Check if the pinch rollers are ok. Does you set the outer pinch rollers to lower pressure?