• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa not reading opos marks from Gerber

yamaha581

I have been using our summa with the opos marks in Flexi with no problem but just did a print on the gerber edge with the opos marks and for some reason it is not picking up the boxes. It will just go around in a circle. Is there something I can do to fix this or save these prints without having to redo all of them?

FrankW

In which color you have printed the marks? You can do a media calibration at the plotter, you only need a rectangle printed in the color of the markers of about 3x3cm for it. Depending on your cutter model, you will find the information how to do that in the manual.

yamaha581

In which color you have printed the marks? You can do a media calibration at the plotter, you only need a rectangle printed in the color of the markers of about 3x3cm for it. Depending on your cutter model, you will find the information how to do that in the manual.

Thank you That did fix that problem. Now I am having the problem where the vinyl is loaded in straight but by the time its done reading all the registration marks it somehow is crooked and won't cut correctly. We have it working perfectly with the 30" material but for some reason on this 15" sheet it is causing us problems.

FrankW

There are a lot of possible reasons why this could happen. You could check the back of your media for the tracking lines of the grit rollers, and compare it with the image attached. If you have bad tracking, it could be that your cutter have a problem (works with summa).

Attachments

• TRACKING.jpg
    TRACKING.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 274

yamaha581

There are a lot of possible reasons why this could happen. You could check the back of your media for the tracking lines of the grit rollers, and compare it with the image attached. If you have bad tracking, it could be that your cutter have a problem (works with summa).
Thank you. We just got this brand new two weeks ago and it works perfect on the 30" material but this 15" material it seems to be going off for some reason. I will check it out and see what we can figure out on that.

FrankW

Is this a wider model? Could it be that your model have inner rolls, and you use one inner and one outer roll? Of yes, this will not work.

yamaha581

Is this a wider model? Could it be that your model have inner rolls, and you use one inner and one outer roll? Of yes, this will not work.
Yes it is 54" and has 4 rollers. Can we just raise the one in the back that we do not use and then use the two outer rollers and one in the middle? I will have to try it tomorrow but the material is only 15" wide so the way its paced with the rollers only 3 can fit on the grids.

FrankW

It is mandatory to use the outer rollers on the edges of the media. You can disable any of the middle rollers by pressing a lever at the back of the roll holders, so a single one too if there is no gritroller to be set on because the media is to small. If you have a SummaCUT-R oder a S-Class, you will get an alarm because of the roller position, but you can ignore it by pressing enter. But, of course really important, it HAVE TO BE disabled, otherwise it will press the media on the metal, what will lead to problems.