Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa pen tool

Discussion in 'Summa' started by rm5690, Sep 23, 2020.

1. rm5690

rm5690 Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Virginia, USA
    I'm experimenting with a personal project in my spare time and trying to use the pen tool on our Summa s2 t160 to create some drawings.

There's not really much documentation on the pen tool in the Summa manual or in the software manuals (Caldera for print and cut, MacSign Cut/WinPlot for og cutting) – is there any way to use it to color in filled areas? All I've been able to do so far is get it to draw outlines.

Tags:
  2. Jester

Jester Slow is Fast

Dec 2, 2019
    SoCal
    I don't have a Summa or use your RIP, but just thinking off the top of my head...
    You could use a CAM post processor (winplot, in your case?) to define tool paths which would draw the outline and then color in the interior of your outlines, similar to machining a pocket on a router.
    If your winplot only cuts outlines, does the Summa accept g-code, or have post processors available for other CAM programs to create paths in its native language?