Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summa plotter & Win Plot

Discussion in 'Summa' started by Ruddbow, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Ruddbow

Ruddbow Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Central Iowa
    This may be another stellar question for me. I am now cutting to my D120 via Summa's WinPlot (previously cut from CoCut). I kind of like it. I have attempted to figure out how to change the plotting origin. I still have to rotate 90 degrees in order to plot. I like being able to view it/print it in the same orientation. Am I making this to complex? I have looked in Cutter Control but am unable to change it.

thank you.

Tags:
  2. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    I am not sure that I understand what you want,
    if you want to change origin you can do this in cutter controll but I belive that it just changes it from side to side not 90 degrees, when you look at the plotter from the front the bottom of your screen should be the edge of the roll or sheet to the right of the machine, at least that is the way mine is set,
    I do not use win plott I cut from sign lab and it tells me and lets me flip the design there to fit the sheet the way I need it, but I looked at winplott and it has a feature on the tool bar that says rotate- shear tool I think this is what you are looking for I dont use this program so I couldnt test it to see if it will change the origin or not but if you cannot figure it out give the guys at summa a call they have great tech support and will help you //chopper

3. ColesCreations

ColesCreations Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Hi.

Log on to Summausa.com and download the latest cuttercontrol software, It now cuts the same direction as you see on the screen (I think).

4. dclet

dclet Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    fdsfdf
    in winplot click auto- rotate (next to the "copies" dialog) let her fly. You do not have to concern yourself, it will also nest automatically. I rarely move the plotter head, winplot takes care of this for you.

http://www.digital-graphica.com

5. Ruddbow

Ruddbow Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Central Iowa
    B I N G O ! ! !

Thank you. How I missed that function is beyond me.