• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa, Roland, Graphtec, Other?

luxx989

I previously had a print/cut shop. I had a Roland SP300V and a Seal laminator. I am now looking at getting back into things and wanted to start with just a cutter first, and then add print/laminate later. I was thinking about getting a Summa. What advice does anyone have on them, or maybe going back with a Roland or Graphtec? I will be using Flexi probably since that's what I'm familiar with. And I think I want 54" since I always hated running two sheets through for 4'x8' boards. Any opinions appreciated, thanks.

threeputt

This is getting redundant! There are probably a zillion posts on here of this very same question.

I think, by far, most of them say that the Summa machine tracks and cuts better than all. That's what we are running. Very durable and reliable piece of equipment.

I don't know if they have a 54" machine or not. I'm sure Phil will see this post and comment.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Luxx989,

We definitely have a quite a few advantages over the other two brands and I would be happy to compare our technology and answer any questions you may have. Please PM or email me your contact information to philj@summa.us if you would be interested in having a conversation on our various models.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

Ponto

Hi Luxx989,

We definitely have a quite a few advantages over the other two brands and I would be happy to compare our technology and answer any questions you may have. Please PM or email me your contact information to philj@summa.us if you would be interested in having a conversation on our various models.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

I can vouch for the Summa brand and the excellent customer service provided by Phil. I caught this email thread and noticed his response which prompted me to reach out with an issue that I was confronted with......He responded to my email within a minute and we are currently working thru the issue.

JP

luxx989

How is the SummaCut? Is it worth the price to go D-Series, T-Series, or OPOS Cam? I would really love the die-cut option. I will be adding a printer later, and want to make sure they work well together. I've been looking at HP Latex. Thanks

bigben

another vote for summa here. The D series is very good for 90% of the jobs. If you do lot of thick material, go with a T series.

ams

I am a huge fan of Roland and that's my vote. They are workhorses and never had issues with mine.