• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S Class S160 / Caldera workflow.

milchad

I am insterested in setting up a Summa S Class cutter driven by Caldera. What I need to know is how do I go about setting up Illustrator files to be nested in Caldera? I currently work with a Zund flatbed cutter and we name the paths with CMYK spot colors called "Through cut" and or "Kiss cut" and Caldera prints the registration along with a barcode and saves the cut paths to a designated storage space on our server. Is there a general guideline on how to setup a Caldera / Summa workflow? Below is a screenshot of nested parts to be cut on the Zund.

Nest_parts.jpg

bigben

I have Calder and a summa cutter. You just do the same as your zund, except the name of the layer is CutContour. But you can setup the name you want in caldera.

milchad

I have Calder and a summa cutter. You just do the same as your zund, except the name of the layer is CutContour. But you can setup the name you want in caldera.

In the event I want to kiss cut and perf (or through cut) do I name the paths differently in Illustrator like I currently do with the Zund? Do you use the Postnet driver?
Thanks!

bigben

In the eveposted nt to kiss cut and perf (or through cut) do I name the paths differently in Illustrator like I currently do with the Zund? Do you use the Postnet driver?
Thanks!

Yes about the name and yes about postnet.

milchad

Yes about the name and yes about postnet.

Thanks for your input. When you initially setup your cutting workflow, did you use Caldera or Summa for support as far as how you do your file / network setup? Or was it a combination of the 2? I won't be overly concerned if we were buying from a Summa distributor, but it appears as though you need to buy direct from Summa so I'm worried about post-sale support.

bigben

Thanks for your input. When you initially setup your cutting workflow, did you use Caldera or Summa for support as far as how you do your file / network setup? Or was it a combination of the 2? I won't be overly concerned if we were buying from a Summa distributor, but it appears as though you need to buy direct from Summa so I'm worried about post-sale support.

I've got all the support from caldera. I've went to summa only if i have problems with the machine itself.