• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa s120t cutting problem

Split76

Hi!

My cutter is not cutting right.. missing parts are not in same position if i cut 10 side by side.
I changed cutting strip / knife just in case, but didn't expect it to help.

Could it be worn coil? Any help or advice would be nice, i'm going to service the cutter by myself anyway.

Quite simple machines to change parts, but i just don't know from where to start :D
Luckily i have F as a backup..
I attached a pic about the problem

Attachments

• summa.jpg
    summa.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 378

FrankW

If a new knife havent solved the problem, you should try to adjust the coil.

Find „coil setup“ in the cutters menu, select knife landing, set the value to zero and increase it step by step. Watch the knife tip until it is lowered down to the cutting strip. Add another 4 units and press enter.

woolly

try frank 's idea first he knows these machines well
dont know which way round it was cut but the missing bits appear to be in alignment indicating a main cross cable issue can you hear or see it tap up and down

Saturn

Aging Member
Looks like really deep cuts(?). Are you trying to go all the way through, or just the top layer?

Split76

Thank you all for your answers, I´ll try tomorrow. Cuts are not too deep, it's heat press material. Tried also with lots of circles and normal vinyl. Didn't cut through silicone layer but the problems seems to be the same. I'll adjust the coil and try compressed air. Both are good ideas i think :)