Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

summa s120t cutting problem

Discussion in 'Summa' started by Split76, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Split76

Split76 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    FInland
    Hi!

My cutter is not cutting right.. missing parts are not in same position if i cut 10 side by side.
    I changed cutting strip / knife just in case, but didn't expect it to help.

Could it be worn coil? Any help or advice would be nice, i'm going to service the cutter by myself anyway.

Quite simple machines to change parts, but i just don't know from where to start :D
    Luckily i have F as a backup..
    I attached a pic about the problem

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    If a new knife havent solved the problem, you should try to adjust the coil.

Find „coil setup“ in the cutters menu, select knife landing, set the value to zero and increase it step by step. Watch the knife tip until it is lowered down to the cutting strip. Add another 4 units and press enter.

3. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    try frank 's idea first he knows these machines well
    dont know which way round it was cut but the missing bits appear to be in alignment indicating a main cross cable issue can you hear or see it tap up and down

4. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    try blowing some compressed canned air in the cutting head area, could be a buildup of dust.

5. Saturn

Saturn Member

Aug 14, 2018
    Oregon
    Looks like really deep cuts(?). Are you trying to go all the way through, or just the top layer?

6. Split76

Split76 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    FInland
    Thank you all for your answers, I´ll try tomorrow. Cuts are not too deep, it's heat press material. Tried also with lots of circles and normal vinyl. Didn't cut through silicone layer but the problems seems to be the same. I'll adjust the coil and try compressed air. Both are good ideas i think :)