• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa S140T

jaybeeb

Hey Guys,

Another issue... wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

We're getting pinch roller marks from the center rollers after cutting.. As far as I can tell, the center pinch rollers can either be engaged or disengaged (or maybe I am not doing it right, the product description seems to suggest that all rollers are adjustable)

Problem is, when they are disengaged, the cuts seem to be just a little off.

Anyone run into this.. am I just not using the pinch rollers correctly?

Scott Reynolds

Marks will go away ... most of the time. Stop stressing.

Do you have a picture? 2nd thought, maybe you are doing something wrong. :Big Laugh

Scott

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We get slight pinch roller marks on every pinch roller. Always have on both our Summa and our prior friction feed cutter. As far as I know all friction feed cutters do this as it has to grip the material somehow. The only way to avoid that would be to get a sprocket feed cutter but I think the only people that have those are Gerber Edge users.

jayhawksigns

Another thing, make sure the rollers are 100% centered where they are supposed to be.

Had another employee that I was training on our equipment load it with one of the rollers off a hair, not enough to have the machine complain, but the roller marks were a lot more prominent until I looked and saw what had happened.

jaybeeb

Hey, thanks for your replies!

I'll double check that the rollers are correctly in their grooves.

I didn't have a chance to take a photo yesterday at the office, but I looked at some older prints and the marks did not go away...

I was thinking this probably could be solved by using a different (thicker?) laminate.. currently using 210 but thinking of switching anyways. Or... maybe layout the copies so that there is a wider non-printed area between the copies where I can line-up the rollers. Kind of a waste of media, but better that have marks down the prints.