• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S160 Stays on please wait loading screen

Zambookajoe

Hi Ive just bought a S160t from a fellow sign 101 patron, machine looks top notch, installed all the drivers and software and so on, did a firmware upgrade and now it just hangs on the please wait loading screen after it reads the media.the firmware upgrade was done right and followed the instructions. the upgrade was from 37 to 39 if it helps. thanks Mitch

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Zambookajoe,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties with your Summa. This issue could be caused by a number of things, but the most likely culprits are that the firmware update hadn't been completed before a reboot was done or there is a potential issue with the mainboard. When doing the firmware update the cutter control program will say the update is complete while the cutter may still be finishing the update. I would try to reinstall the firmware update and make sure the menu on the cutter says the update is complete prior to rebooting the machine.

If you install the update and that doesn't fix the issue the only other thing you might try would be to do a factory reboot on the machine. It would probably be best to contact our support team to have them walk you through that process. The number for our support team is (800)323-9766. If the factory install or the firmware update don't fix the issue I would guess that there is a problem with your mainboard and that may end up needing to be replaced.

Feel free to email me at philj@summa.us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.