• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S2 160 perf cutting circles?

We are trying to perf cut some files, they contain 300-400 circles in each file. When it does the perf cut it cuts them as 2 halves, starts at the top cuts the right half and then returns to the top and cuts the left half. They don't line up most of the time so you have to tear them out. The calibration looks perfect. Anyone know a way to make it cut circles better?

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Acceleratedgraphics,

When cutting circles using the flex cut feature I would typically shorten up my gap distances between tabs(full pressure length) and also shorten the width of the tabs(flex length) themselves. I would use something like 2mm for my full pressure length and 0.5mm for my flex pressure length. That ought to help your start and stop points line up better.

If that doesn't fix the issue I would suggest contacting our tech support team at (800)323-9766 for additional troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

phill i got questions!

Hi Acceleratedgraphics,

When cutting circles using the flex cut feature I would typically shorten up my gap distances between tabs(full pressure length) and also shorten the width of the tabs(flex length) themselves. I would use something like 2mm for my full pressure length and 0.5mm for my flex pressure length. That ought to help your start and stop points line up better.

If that doesn't fix the issue I would suggest contacting our tech support team at (800)323-9766 for additional troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

I have a summa s2 d160, I been messing with contour cutting and flex cutting and I am not having any luck! I run it with Flexi seems like the full cut and the flex cut are both butting completely through. I have tried 50% difference as recommended and even less, but still not getting any where.

Any advice?